Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Question Of The Day?

Had to stop in and say a lil something...was having a convo with a good friend, and we debated whether black folk should register as independents rather than democrat or republican? I stated we as a people, should register as independents until the dems and republicans show us the same respect shown to other demographics when campaigning or when elected to office. As my friend stated correctly, in the upcoming election its really a non-issue since of course the majority of black people seems to be clearly voting Obama in Nov. I agreed but replied, " The presidential election aint the only election we need to be focusing on...there is local, state and federal." To be clear, I'm not saying the democratic party aint a friend to us...nor saying the repubs are...just stating the facts...Why must the only option in politics be democrats or if we well-off enough republican? It seems to me both parties go out of their way to court or draw in independents, yet we cling to a party that discards our issues or fail to fight for the things we want or our community needs...I'm just asking...

No comments:

Post a Comment